Sunday, November 26, 2017

Throwback Friday

9-15
Oh my goodness!! Look at my girls in my old dresses!!! I pulled down a few bins from our storage room to sort and look through them and ended up down memory lane! What would make this post even more amazing would be pictures of me actually wearing the dresses. I'll have to do some looking the next time I'm in Fergus. My mom made most of these dresses - no wonder she saved them! I can't imagine how she found time to sew dresses, often matching ones for all three of us, when we were this age. I suppose it's like everything else; how does anyone get anything done when there's one, four, or thirteen children in the house? You just get down to it and get stuff done because that's how life goes. But that mostly applies to scrubbing bathrooms and dusting, not hobbies like sewing. I'm imagining my mom sewing in the kitchen at 11:38pm because it was the only time she could use the whole table without needing to feed people or clear off the crayons and coloring books and Candyland cards and pawns. Anyway! I sent my mom several text pictures of the girls, but the next time my parents are here, I bet they would like to see the girls in the dresses in person! So cute!

Alanna in the dress I think I wore on my first day of Kindergarten. (Mom, please chime in if I'm wrong!)
 I have no idea when I wore this dress but it's a size 24 months. I think sizes have shifted a bit because it's clearly too small for Hattie and I wouldn't call her big for her age (23 months)! That baby blonde hair with the dress and her baby legs?! STOP IT RIGHT NOW. 
 Molly Girl is modeling a dress I believe my mom sewed for her brother Ryan's graduation. Is that right, Mom? No, Molly's face isn't actually purple though it looks suspicious in this picture. Just bad lighting! 
 YOU GUYS. Look at this little thing in this precious sailboat dress!! IT HAS A BELT! She is maxing it out (I think it's a size 2T) but holy smokes, she looks adorable. 

 Hattie's legs look long here because the dress is pretty short! 
 And what's better than one girl in their mama's dress? TWO girls in mama's dresses!
 And THREE girls in mama's dresses! Three girls in these dresses.... just like my sisters and I when we were kids. 


 I asked the girls to kneel down by Hattie so I could get their faces a little closer together. What I got was Hattie attempting to kneel as well. Look at how she's trying to figure out how to bend her legs and end up like Molly. So funny!!
 "Am I close, Mom?" 
 This next one isn't even staged! I feel like this is representative of some of my childhood pictures. Of course, you got 24 pictures per 35mm roll of film so you couldn't and wouldn't snap more than 2 and hope you got a good one. I have my finger in my nose in approximately 14% of our family photos from age 2-7. Score. Some of the others look just like the one below. Someone's doing something they shouldn't right before the picture was taken (Molly), someone's looking annoyed that the others can't get their act together (Alanna), and someone's doing their own thing and looking cute nonetheless (Hattie). Back in the day, that would have been Julie as Molly, Kathy as Hattie, and Jill as Alanna. :) 
Where was Charlie in all of this? I don't remember him saying anything about the dresses or being around for the fashion show. I wonder if he and Matt were out hiking or something?? 

1 comment:

  1. I cannot even handle Hattie's scrunchy face with that healthtex dress with the belt. OH MY WORD it's SO FUNNY! CUTE AND FUNNY !!!!

    ReplyDelete