Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Christmas Festivities

12-5
I saw these mints on pinterest and wanted to try them. They looked pretty easy and used common ingredients - two requirements in my book. I even had gel food coloring to make the colors really vibrant. Overall grade: A. I had the whole recipe done, rolled, forked, and dusted with sugar in about 40 minutes! Most things that I try on pinterest don't look anything like how they should so it was refreshing to complete a recipe that looks exactly like it should. Win!


One night we drove through the Festival of Lights at River Forks park. It's a drive-through lights display, the same one we went to last year. It's pretty neat and they have a lot of diverse lights; fairy tales, Roseburg/Umpqua River/Oregon lights, as well as some standard Christmas ones. The whole thing doesn't take very long and it was such a beautiful evening with temps in the low 60's when we drove through.


At the end of the display stands the world's largest nutcracker. I'm assuming it's made out of trees from Douglas county but I'm not certain. The mouth actually moves, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment