11-30
On Monday morning, the girls and I headed to the Mom's Connection (bible study). It was our first time back since Hattie was born. I had decided the day before that we were going to go, so when we woke up to a bit of ice on the roads and some school closures, I was still determined to get there. Roseburg schools weren't delayed or closed, so Matt dropped off Charlie on his way to work. I got the girls and myself ready to go so we would be at the church at 9:30. I sat down to nurse Hattie before we left and saw on facebook that bible study was going to be delayed 30 minutes. Somehow even with the extra 30 minutes, the girls and I still walked in 10 minutes late. I felt like such a circus act walking into bible study that morning. :( I was carrying Hattie in the car seat, a diaper bag, my purse, and a bag of two friends' dishes that I wanted to get rid of. I almost left the dishes in my car, but you know how that is - you tell someone that you have something in your car for them but then if you don't leave at the same time and walk out together, the item inevitably stays put in your car. I really wanted to return the dishes so I brought them into the church with me. Well, due to our late arrival, we were directed in through the side door which opens right into the room where we hold our study. Grrrreat. So here I come, girls and bags and everything. I tried to sneak in and then after about two minutes, I just gave up and made as much noise as possible. One of the women jumped up to hold the door for me, but due to the location of the door (a cupboard right next to the doorway as well as a folding wall that also closed off the doorway a bit), I was literally frozen. I couldn't move forward because the woman was there and I couldn't back up because Molly was underfoot AND crying since her head got bumped between the car seat and the cupboard. I ended up asking the woman to just let go of the door so I could move forward - how awkward is that?! My friend Rebekah jumped up and I passed Hattie in the car seat to her and my bags to another woman so I could scoop up a crying Molly who had actually escaped back out the door and into the rain. FOR. REAL. I felt like such a circus act! I apologized profusely to the group since they had already started the teaching. I apparently have fallen out of practice shepherding an infant, a toddler, and a preschooler around. The thing is, I've done this before. What am I doing wrong? I guess when Molly was born, Alanna was about five months older than what Molly is now, and five months at this age can make quite a difference. Boy! I have since modified my purse into a diaper bag with some basics (two sizes of diapers, wipes, an extra outfit for Hattie, and a changing pad) and will not be attempting to carry any additional bags for a while. I'll find my groove, I know I will. But this particular morning was a pretty big fail. Oh, and by the time I actually sat down to join the bible study, I was behind, had missed the beginning premise and background of the study, was sweating profusely, and felt like such a tool.
Hattie was wearing this outfit for the first time when we went to bible study. It's so, so sweet and snuggly and is one of my very favorite outfits. When I look at this picture I think that Hattie is starting to look more like a baby and less like a newborn! How quickly time flies.
Ha ha! The classic baby tip over!
The hood is the icing on the cake for this one. I was glad that I took the pictures when I did because Hattie pooped everywhere shortly after I took them. Onto another outfit!
12-1
Tis the season for Christmas specials on tv! Tonight's Christmas movie was Rudolph so Matt popped some popcorn and we tuned in, even though the movie didn't start until 8pm here. That's a difference from mountain to pacific time; when a tv show says that it starts at 8/7 central, it also means 7 mountain time. However, for pacific time, that means 8. It was a later night for the kids, but worth it. It's one of Matt's must-do activities during the Christmas season. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment