Hattie:
- on Friday, December 4th, at six weeks and one day, Hattie weighed 10 Pounds 15 ounces at a doctor appointment.
- she pooped in the bathtub for the first time on the day she turned seven weeks. I'm surprised it hadn't happened until then! What a mess.
- at her two month appointed on December 18th, Hattie tipped the scales at 11 pounds 9 ounces, measured 22 inches long, and fell into the 87th percentile for head circumference. Her weight is 65th percentile and her height is the 36th.
- she has been more bubbly lately; as in, making more spit bubbles :)
Molly:
- learned to say bye-bye today (12-8)! She said it several times this morning to me while she was closing the bathroom door. Later in the day, she did it a few more times so I know it wasn't a fluke. Maaaaaybe she's turning a corner in wanting to try to say new words??
- I think I'll be transitioning Molly to a size four diaper very soon. I would just do it right now but I just bought two boxes of size threes! I'll just keep whatever I have left of the size threes for Hattie. Molly already wears a size four at night and has for a while. The threes still fit her in the legs just fine, but her nearly two-year-old body puts out enough urine to warrant a bigger diaper. This makes it sound like I don't change her often enough but I do! If she has anything extra to drink at all between meals she will leak out of a size three more often than not, so size four it is.
- says "uh-uh" just like I do when I'm getting after her to not do something. It's pretty cute, especially when she uses it on someone else as if she's scolding them. What a role reversal for her!
- we have concluded that Molly is a closet talker. I have asked her hundreds of times to repeat words and lately she has actually been doing it a few times! I think she is doing it without really thinking about it - as in, she'll only cooperate if she has her mind on something else or is busy with something else. Then she'll say the word, but if I ask her to say it again, she clams up, smiles, and shakes her head no. I asked her to say wash and she said "ah-sh". I asked her to say excuse me and she said "you me". Now to try and get her to repeat things willingly and often...
Alanna:
- is taking swimming lessons this month at the YMCA. She is doing really well and likes it a lot. It's something special just for her, which is awesome in itself, but she is four now and needs to start formal lessons. It's a mandatory skill in my family, just as it was when I was a kid.
-says "ca-cerned" instead of concerned
- she learned how to stand up and pedal on her bike at the end of November. She can also ride the 14'' bike now. It seems like too much bike for her body, but she's man-handling that thing just fine!
-"I asked my teacher's name but I forgot it but it is something though!" Yes, your swimming teacher does have a name.
- asked "Does Santa know my name?" I told her to ask her dad.
-says structured paper for construction paper. Charlie actually says extruction paper instead of construction paper still. I guess that's a hard one!
Charlie:
- has been so into the NFL lately. Actually, since the start of football season, he has been super interested in the teams, the names of the teams, which teams play each other, what the score is/was, the names of a few key players, etc. It gets pretty hard core at times. Just this week (12-7) he has started drawing up football plays using X and O for the players. They are pretty elaborate.
- Saint Louis Rams are the State Louis Rams, and the Tampa Bay Bucs are the Timpana Bay Bucs. Also, he calls the Falcons the Flockans.
- Charlie learned all three verses of Jolly Old Saint Nicholas from his music teacher Mr. Jones presumably for the Christmas sing-a-long that will be held on the last day of school before Christmas break. He sings it really well! It's so cute!
- "Don't worry, Hattie! I'm not a stranger - I'm a Rustand!"
- best excuse yet: "She punched her OWN self!" Yeah, right....
- had to get a Hep A shot at the beginning of the month. At his 5-year dr appointment, the nurse assured me he was up to date. He wasn't. I brought him back in for the missing shot (that I discovered when I picked up his shot record to bring to school). I brought the completed shot record to school when I registered him. Three weeks after school started, I got a letter from the school saying his shots weren't up to date. SERIOUSLY?! I guess he needed a Hep A shot, which the doctor said was a recommended shot but not a required shot. The school said that it has been a requirement for a long time. I'm not sure who's information is sketchy, but I had to drag Charlie to the doctor's office (the new one, not the old one!) for one more shot. I finally took care of it on Monday 12/7. The bad thing is that I think there's a second shot that he needs a year after the first one. Grrrr.
- Speaking of shots, tonight (12/19) Charlie pointed to Hattie's little red dots on her legs and asked what they were from. When I told him that she got shots the day before, he said, "Shots? Did she cry? Cry very hard? Sorrrrry, Sweet Pea." It was very kind. I think his recent shot experience gave him extra sympathy for Hattie.
- On the last day of school before break, Charlie came home with a fever and said his throat hurt. When I looked in his throat, I noticed that it looked like one of his six-year molars would be coming through very, very soon (his top left one). Then I looked on the other side of his mouth and saw that he clearly had gotten his top right molar probably about two months ago with how big it was and how fully it had come in! Whoops! I inspected a bit more and saw that his bottom right molar had just poked through probably a week ago since only one corner was out and exposed. The last one, the bottom left, hasn't come in yet. I can't believe Charlie didn't say anything about his teeth/gums hurting or itching! We help him brush his teeth, maybe one out of every four times, but I don't need to look in there while I'm helping him brush so I just haven't noticed it. Crazy! Well, anyway, he's halfway there with his molars and the other ones are close behind.
- Speaking of teeth, Charlie has another loose tooth - the bottom second from the front on the left side. He mentioned that it was loose a few weeks ago but when I felt it I couldn't tell if the tooth was moving or if his head was moving while I was wiggling his tooth. Now it is definitely loose! The tooth fairy will be making a stop here again in the near future.
- I sat down to eat lunch today, a serving of leftover egg strata with bacon and green peppers. It was so good! I would have loved to have orange juice with my meal, since I love eggs and orange juice together, but we were out. I poured myself a glass of apple juice instead. About two bites into my meal, Charlie came over to me and said, "You're having Mickelo Vultra for lunch." "I'm having what?" I replied. He then said, "Mickelo Vultra. It's a kind of soda and that's what you're having." Oh my goodness - he meant Michelob Ultra, the beer. Holy cats. How does my son know about beer? I asked him how he knows about Mickelo Vultra and he said that he saw a commercial for it. Chances are great he saw the commercial for it while he was watching a football game on tv. Football games are good for beer commercials. I ended it with a very emphatic, "I'm NOT having Mickelo Vultra. This is apple juice." Good grief.
- while looking at the map of New York, he called Niagra Falls, Nigeria Falls
- He was reading a Charlie the Ranch Dog book too fast to his sisters and said, "Her lip is crazy." I was folding laundry at the time and knew it didn't sound right. I've read that book many times in the past and couldn't place that sentence in the story at all, but before I could even correct him, he recognized that he mixed up some vowels and tried it again. "Her lap is cozy," he read.
-He calls his new remote control helicopter a "mole control" helicopter
- I made Purplesaurus Rex kool-aid for a snack today, a rare treat for the kids. Charlie took one sip, scrunched up his face and said, "It tastes-es like DINOSAUR!!!" Hahaha!
Matt:
- crocheted Alanna a pink and gray slouchy hat. I'll have to post a picture soon!
- traveled back to Canon City December 7-11 to attend a training at RGFO.
No comments:
Post a Comment