Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thanksgiving Break

11-23
Good morning, messy face! At the looks of her mittens, I'm glad I put them on. When I washed the clothes and things stained purple, a surprising amount of it came out using my regular stain remover.


SERIOUSLY purple lips!!!

Charlie didn't have school during Thanksgiving week so we enjoyed some extra time at home together. I spent the first few days of the week policing the kids near constantly, but then things settled down. Whew! I asked Charlie to read a book to Hattie one night and he insisted that she be able to see the pictures. So thoughtful, Charlie!

11-24
Naturally, I used our purple blankets while doing the treatments. A friend told me after the fact that rubbing alcohol will take the stain off skin. I tried it and the purple didn't budge.

Hands in pockets, just playing around. The kids were really in to making forts using the tent, piano bench, various bed sheets, blankets, and pillows. Classic.

Charlie, Alanna, and I put together these turkey hats during naptime. I made one for Molly so she wouldn't feel left out. The kids were really pleased with them! They love to do crafts, and I like to do crafts with them, but if it were up to them, they would do organized crafts every single day. Honestly, I don't have the patience to drag out the glue sticks and scissors every day. Or the stamina to clean up after the craft mess every day! Anyway, Charlie and Alanna cut out their feathers and turkey faces and glued the face to the headband. I helped them staple the feathers on the back. Easy and relatively fast - a craft success!

Our three turkeys being... well, turkeys. ;)
 
11-24
On Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Charlie and Alanna wanted to dress alike in their camo shirts so they could go outside and track animals. I wanted to get a picture of them in their matching clothes since they looked so cute! How often do Charlie and Alanna get to dress alike?! Molly wanted to be in the picture, too. I tried to scoot her out of it but she wouldn't have it. In the second picture, I cropped her out. :)


Awww!

My helpers made Ritz/Rolo treats for us. Molly was the designated sampler. Charlie and Alanna got to sample as well, but they had to work first. I think Kathy was the one who made these little treats first. They are so good and so easy! For the most part they are super kid-friendly to make. I put the top cracker on the melted Rolo only because the cookie sheets were hot from the oven. I saw a bag of Rolos in my freezer (doesn't everyone have a chocolate stash somewhere?) and a box of Ritz in the cupboard and wham bam! Treats!



 

1 comment:

  1. Call me a bad aunt, but I am LAUGHING SO HARD at the purple face pics! It's just so funny! The one with her eyes closed looks like a milk-coma with a SERIOUS 'stache. Reminds me of when Brady and I ate lunch with Drew in Kindergarten. Kids with ketchup all over their faces running around not caring one bit. She's still adorable, even with the purple accent. :) I think she really looks like you, Julie, in some of these pics!

    ReplyDelete