Friday, May 22, 2020

Easter 2019

Easter 2019
Happy Easter! He is RISEN!
Also resurrected that day was our outfits fresh outta the retirement party. :) We split the day and went to church at Calvary, spent half the afternoon at Lake Grandma and Grandpa's, and then the second half of the afternoon at Country Grandma and Grandpa's. Added into the mix was church, a big Easter feast, giving the kids Easter baskets (from us), and each grandma put together an Easter egg hunt for the grandkids. Oh! And we celebrated Leah's birthday, too! 
I'd say that we definitely leveled up in maximizing our time together on this MN trip. 
 Easter baskets! We have never really said that the kids' Easter baskets are from the Easter bunny. They know they're from us. We did have to coordinate with the cousins so we were all doing the same thing though. 



 What a great group of kiddos! They are each so special and sweet. Nothing pulls a group picture together like dangling an Easter egg hunt in front of the kids to make them smile nicely! :) What a good picture!
 It was a bit windy and chilly on Easter Sunday, but we still opted for an outdoor hunt. I think that Mom and Dad put together 150 eggs so each grandchild got to find 10. When they found their 10, they were done. There was a bit of a discrepancy in how many eggs were actually hidden.... and I'm not sure if we ever did find them all... and that is exactly how extended family Easter egg hunts should go!



 Grandma and Grandpa put candies and coins in the eggs. Huge win!


 After a while, we hopped over to Mark and Jean's to celebrate Easter together with the Rustand side. Polejewskis came over, and Country Grandma put together an Easter egg hunt at her house as well. She opted for an indoor hunt and the kids loved it!
 I think Grandma's eyes are closed, but these kids are ready to go searching for eggs!
 Precious. 
 Charlie and Joe were twinning with their plaid shirts!
 As I recall, Country Grandma also put candy, coins, and some bills in the eggs. (Can adults participate next year??)
We packed a lot into our time together, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It was such a weekend of celebrations; retiring from 40 years at Otter Tail Power, two birthdays, and EASTER! I'm so grateful that we were able to join in the celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment