Friday, May 22, 2020

School Happenings

4.25.19
Alanna's first grade teacher Mr. D had a new baby so I helped coordinate a baby basket shower for their new baby. The first graders pulled together and we put lots of cute baby things and gift cards into two cute baskets (very middle of the picture) that we presented to Mr. D a week or so before his baby was due. It was a fun surprise!
 On the same day, the school put on the annual spirit run. Molly, Hattie, and I were staked out on the 5k course to cheer on runners and make sure they were on the correct route. I couldn't have asked for two cuter helpers! Charlie and Alanna both ran the mile instead of the 5k so we didn't see them run at all. More cowbell, Hattie! 

 The fastest first and third graders around. 
 From left to right: Trenton Meyer, Jonathan Coulson, Charlie, and Zach Miller
 After a full and busy school day, we hosted small group like we do every Thursday night. Molly and Theia happen to be matching in their watermelon clothes!
 4.26.19
Alanna's class (along with kinder and second grade I believe) was invited to sing patriotic songs at some kind of awards presentation at the school. Alanna wanted to participate, so she put on her most festive Americana dress and sang her little heart out. At the end of the presentation, an older gentleman pulled the kids together and asked them to sing the Star Spangled Banner. It was nearly a complete fail. The national anthem is such a hard song to sing - tough melody, too many words, etc - for this age group! It was hilariously bad. Perhaps I noticed it moreso than everyone else? 
Alanna is third from the left in the picture below. 
 The aforementioned national anthem disaster. Those kids and flags were sure cute, though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment