10.6.19
Molly lost her first tooth! She was so excited and couldn't wait for the tooth fairy to come. :) Her bottom left one was the first to come out, but just a few days later (10.8), she pulled out the other front bottom tooth! She went to bed with a wiggly tooth and came downstairs a bit later saying that she didn't just lose a tooth, she actually lost the tooth in her bed. Ha! I helped her find it in the covers so we could put it out for the tooth fairy. Her smile changed overnight!
10.12
I took the kids to the county fairgrounds to a 4H interest event. We had a lot of fun sewing pillows, trying leather stamping, decorating cupcakes, and eating a hot dog lunch. I walked away ready to sign the kids up for 4H! (And then life happened and I never actually did it, but that doesn't mean we won't in the future!)
Matt was gone hunting a few weekends in October. One day, the kids and I headed down to Lake Isabel to check out the fall colors and spend some time outside and away from home together. The colors were pretty! We hiked and Charlie fished for a while.
Mrs. Jarvis sent me this picture of Molly and her white board filled with "D's of my dreams", as Mrs. Jarvis put it. She is loving school and is learning so much!
Hattie and I went to another EFree church moms playdates at duck park before the weather turned too chilly. From left to right: Hattie, Everly Gray, Theia Blackwell, Felicity Green.
Also noteworthy this fall was a trip to a new petting zoo in town, Shepperly Farms. It's actually located really close to our house. It's just a house and some out buildings on five acres that they opened to the public. Kind of a smart idea, really. They had animals, people in Canon need something to do... why not open a petting zoo!? We went on the first day they were open and had a fun time petting mini donkeys, goats, rabbits, chickens, and playing on their farm.
10.21
I got to help chaperone Molly's kindergarten field trip to Diana's Pumpkin Patch! It was a chilly and windy day, but the kids didn't seem to mind. We still took in all of the usual pumpkin patch activities; corn maze, hayride, corn box, water pumpers, hay slide, cornhole, gunnysack races, petting zoo, picking out pumpkins, and we topped it off with smores over the campfire. I helped with a group of four kiddos; Daisy, Levi, Jace, and Molly. It was fun to get to know her class a little bit and start putting faces to names of friends that she is telling me about! The kids also ate lunch at the pumpkin patch, so we really didn't have too much time to explore. Oh well! No one got lost in the corn maze, so win!
No comments:
Post a Comment