January 2020
The rest of Christmas break was spent at home; undecorating for Christmas, taking Charlie to basketball practice, playing with new things at home, etc. I love the long Christmas break from school.
And now, happy 2020! I'm not one for New Year's resolutions because I don't think I've ever succeeded in keeping a single one. However, this year, I think I might be able to do it. I want to run a 5k every month in 2020. Seems simple enough, right? I started off the year with the Resolution Run on 1.1.20 and it took me over 50 minutes to run 3.1 miles. As an added humbling bonus, I was passed by a walker. So that was fun. Whatever, man. I wanted to run solidly for the whole thing and I did that. Slow as a turtle, yes, but I did it!
Alanna got to go ice skating as part of her December Wolf of the Month award the second day back to school after Christmas break. Nurse Jody Enderle sent me a picture of Alanna on the ice! Cute!
On 1.18, we went to a retirement party for Matt's (former) coworker, Dave Gilbert. His party was at the VFW in town, a place we had never been to before. The kids and I hung together while Matt socialized his way through the group - he knew a LOT of people there and I hardly knew anyone, so I sat at the kids table. :) Ha! Actually, Emily Latta came to town for the party and she stopped at our house for a few hours on Saturday afternoon. It was really fun to see her and catch up a bit before going to the party where it would have been hard to talk to her for any length of time. As far as retirement parties go, Dave's was really nice. Glenda Torres and Linda Skinner did a really nice job planning the event; cute table décor, yummy food from Pizza Madness, and things for kids to do (butcher paper and crayons at the tables). A few people got up to speak and Dave gave a rather lengthy but very well done speech that walked us through his career and highlighted people in attendance along the way. It was a really nice party. I know it will be different not having Dave right next to Matt's cube, but I'm fairly certain they will still get together to hunt.
All three kids came downstairs wearing red school shirts one day - matchy, matchy! Of course, when the school requires a uniform, there isn't a lot of options... ! Tylee's mom Sabrina (also our neighbors) sent me these pictures of the girls doing an art project at school. Hattie wanted to do a cute Valentine's day craft so we made a little heart caterpillar together. She was so proud of it! Lastly, Molly's kinder class put on a rainforest experience at the end of January. The kids all did projects and decorated the room super fancy. Mrs. Jarvis added a fog machine for effect and set out a table of fruit and other products that come from the rainforest for us to enjoy at the end of the rainforest scavenger hunt. Molly told us all about tree frogs, sloths, spider monkeys, and a bunch of other animals. It's an adorable event!
Oops - one more! Hattie had a hard time falling asleep one night so I got to rock her in the rocking chair. Precious little thing fell asleep on me. It was so sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment